Track national cost benchmarks for instruction, student services, and academic support to align your costs with your student outcomes.
A recent survey from Inside Higher Ed revealed that 69 percent of college and university presidents believe that new spending will come from reallocated dollars. Maximizing Resources for Student Success helps your community college target those reallocations to programs and services with the highest student impact.
With national cost benchmarks for instruction, student services, and academic support, community college leaders can use this highly detailed data to align their costs with their priorities.
Gain a clear picture of costs and outcomes by college, division, department, program, or even course.
Maximizing Resources provides useful information to decision makers about what is really going on in their community colleges, giving you transparency and improved measurement.
- Highlight resource needs (or surpluses).
- Reward effective and efficient departments.
- Target investments to maximize student impact.
For example, administrators can determine how faculty spend their time—across grading, advising, and tutoring—and use that data to realign activities to improve student outcomes.
Compare costs, allocations, and outcomes within your institution and across peer institutions.
Determine how you allocate your funding and then compare that distribution of funds between other academic divisions, among your campuses, with other peer institutions, or over time.
- Reallocate funds to better support your priorities.
- Compare how is spent on activities between academic units or among peer institutions.
- Compare your costs to select peers, by institution or demographic.
Educate policymakers and stakeholders on your mission and impact.
Maximizing Resources gives you detailed data on how your investments align with your goals and your community’s expectations. Comparing your data with other peer institutions also gives context to your investments, letting you see where you can reallocate resources for greater impact.
- Compare costs with student outcomes.
- Evaluate ways you can improve existing programs.
- Allow for a more sustainable course and program mix.
Members receive reports with the following benchmarks:
- Program Development
- Course Development
- Academic Service
- Assessment and Grading
- Professional Development
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Registrar / Student Records
- Co-curricular Activities
- Veterans Services
- Disability Services
- Instructional Technology Support
- Library Services
- Experiential Education